General Booking Policy
- All bookings with HotelsByDay are for check-in and check-out on the same day.
- Check-out times are fixed. All late departures are subject to extra fees, at the discretion of the hotel.
- You can check-in anytime during the allocated time-band, all the way up to the last hour of your stay. If you show up after the cut-off time, the hotel reserves the right to refuse you.
- Room assignments are made at check-in.
- All rooms are guaranteed to accommodate two guests. Extra guests are allowed at the discretion of the hotel.
- You should be 21 or over to book. It is the hotel’s choice to honor the booking if you do not meet age requirements.
- Copy of the booking, along with matching photo ID & credit card required at check-in.
- Frequent Travel Club points will not apply to any HotelsByDay booking.
- Some hotels reserve the right to charge a 'Resort fee’ — includes use of Wi-Fi & other amenities. Please verify upon check-in.
- A temporary hold for incidentals will be charged on your credit card upon check-in. The hold will be removed 5-7 days after you check-out from the hotel.
- Housekeeping is hard work. Be mindful, and tip when you can! :)
Pay at Hotel Bookings
- Some hotel partners require credit cards at the time of booking and others do not. If a hotel requires a credit card to confirm the booking, you will be charged a temporary $1.00 hold from "PAYPAL*HBD PROCESSING" which will not appear on your monthly bank statement.
- You will see a symbol on the booking page denoting if a credit card is required or not.
- All payments are made at check-in or check-out at the hotel, depending on their policy. Some hotels accept cash payments, please inquire at check-in. Gift cards are not accepted.
- Cancellations for 'pay at hotel' bookings are free of charge up to 24 hours prior to check-in by clicking on the following link: Cancel My Reservation
- Cancellations can only be processed via the link above—not by phone or email.
- If you do not appear for your reservation, a hotel may prevent you from booking in the future. Please always cancel your reservation via the cancellation link if you foresee that you cannot make it.
- Non-refundable bookings may be charged by the hotel immediately following your booking on HotelsByDay.
- Should your card decline or be invalid, the hotel maintains the right to assign the room to someone else.
- The name of the person who checks-in at the hotel must match the name of the person who made the reservation and also the name on the credit card used to book the reservation. If the names are different, the hotel will not allow the person to check-in.
- Please note that Non-refundable bookings may be charged by the hotel immediately post booking on HotelsByDay.
Have a question you didn’t see covered? Check out our FAQ page for additional information.