Same day, last minute, early check-in, late check-out - whatever your schedule demands, at 50% off night rates or less.
We exist to solve scheduling issues and create memorable experiences. If we fall short in any way, we won't rest until the matter is resolved.
Earn points towards free stays on every booking you make!
Choose between no-commitment "cancel-anytime" bookings and non-refundable rooms offered at better rates.
Why HotelsByDay ?
Have a Question?
Why does HotelsByDay exist?
HotelsByDay was created with single obsession of turning hospitality more hospitable to modern society. Today consumers demand a greater level of flexibility and convenience than what hotels have traditionally offered with rigid check-ins & check-outs. Somebody needed to solve this constant friction.
What is our mission?
Our mission is to optimize hotel inventory by packaging various day-time services, such as sleeping rooms, conference rooms, pool passes, cabanas, spas, co-working desks, that would otherwise sit empty during the day. We provide an extra layer of flexibility for our guests, as otherwise the world would only be left with booking night stays.
How do we fulfill our mission?
Our inspiration at Hotels by day is to offer the following daytime services:
- Day rooms at different blocks of hours
- Rooms for long layovers or alternative check-in check out times
- Conference rooms for the day
- Meeting parlors
- Pool passes to relax
- Spa for wellness
- Cabanas at the pool or beach
- Co-working desk to be productive for the day
- Gym access to stay in shape
- Daytime luggage storage
HotelsByDay is progressively rolling out each of these services, so please be patient if you currently do not see the specific service you need, or a hotel nearby your area. As we continuously onboard new properties, we encourage you to sign up to our newsletter to be updated of a property near you!
Why do hotels offer day rooms?
Because it makes sense for everyone! HotelsByDay engineered flexible day-stays to serve people with lodging needs beyond the traditional 3 p.m. check-in and 11 a.m. check-out while also enabling hotels to serve new guests and tap into additional revenue via rooms & hotel amenities (Pool, Spa, Cabanas) that would otherwise sit empty all day.
What is a day use room?
A day use room is a room available for early morning check-in and late-afternoon check-out. For example, a popular time band on HotelsByDay lasts from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
How can I book a room for a few hours with HotelsByDay?
We don't believe in rushing. Which is why we offer flexible time bands ranging from 3 to 11 hours. HotelsByDay's time bands are predetermined and thus you cannot book a room 'by the hour.' Not only do we offer more convenient, lengthier time bands, but they come at a better value than booking by the minute, hour, or night.
How old do I have to be to book a hotel room?
The minimum age to book a hotel room is 18 years old. However, some hotels are more strict and will not allow any person under 21 to check-in. To be safe, we ask that you be at least 21 years old to make a booking.
What if I can't find a hotel for the location I am looking for?
You may not be able to find hotels in the location you are looking for due to one of the following reasons:
a. The time band you are looking for may not be available.
b. Hotels may be sold out in that area.
c. None of the hotels in your desired location have joined our platform.
If you are unable to find a hotel in the area of your choice try looking for nearby cities or you can visit us again a little later as we continuously onboard new properties every week, all over the world.
What type of room am I assigned?
Generally, day rooms are 'run of the house' - meaning that whatever room is vacant will be assigned to you. If you have a specific room request, we suggest you write on the 'message' section during your booking, or simply request it at check-in.
Can I book day rooms on the same day?
Yes, HotelsByDay allows same-day, even last-minute hotel room bookings. However, please note that many hotels will close their inventory for same-day bookings past 1 p.m. local time.
Will the hotel keep my room if I arrive later?
Yes. The hotel is under contract to keep your room until one hour prior to your day room check-out time.
What is the cancellation policy?
You have two options to book with HotelsByDay:
- You can "pay at the hotel" which grants you free cancellation up to the same day.
- You can also select a "non-refundable" booking. This means that you'll need to provide credit card details to book a day room. Once booked, the hotel will not allow us to change the date, cancel, or refund the stay.
What do I do if I have allergies I need to convey to the hotel before my arrival?
Allergies are taken very seriously by our team at HotelsByDay. If you face one that may impact your hotel stay, please contact us immediately so that we can warn the hotel about it. You can send an email to us at [email protected]
How and when does payment take place?
For 'Pay at hotel' bookings there are no card details taken at the time of the booking, and you will pay at the hotel upon check-in.
However for 'non- refundable' bookings, a card is required and payment is processed at the time of the booking.
Can I pay for my room in cash?
Yes, most hotels accept cash, however you still need to show a matching credit card and ID to cover incidentals, in case of breakage. Upon check-in, let the receptionist know you'd like to pay in cash. Don't forget that you also need to cover incidentals by credit card, which are usually around $100 per booking, depending on the hotel.
How can I find out if the hotel offers a shuttle service and how can I book it?
Most airport hotels provide shuttle transfers to and from the closest airport. If the shuttle is free, it will be listed under amenities in the hotel's description. In most cases, you can reserve a shuttle transfer by calling the hotel directly.
Is HotelsByDay a reputable company?
Yes, we'd like to think so! But don't take our word for it. Feel free to look at our reviews online.
Does HotelsByDay have a loyalty program?
Yes! It's called #MasterKey, and you're granted a free stay every time you reach 20 points worth of bookings. Find out more details & sign up here:
How many bookings do I need to make to receive a free day stay?
The #MasterKey loyalty program has 3 levels: Bronze, Silver, Gold.
You start with bronze and accumulate 20 bookings which grants you 20 points & 1 free day stay. Then you move on to Silver, where you only need 10 bookings to get to 20 points and a free day stay, and then move on to Gold. At Gold, you get a free stay after only 5 valid bookings!
Find out more details on this page: https://www.hotelsbyday.com/en/loyalty-terms
General Booking Policy
- All bookings with HotelsByDay are for check-in and check-out on the same day.
- Check-out times are fixed. All late departures are subject to extra fees, at the discretion of the hotel.
- You can check-in anytime during the allocated time-band, all the way up to the last hour of your stay. If you show up after the cut-off time, the hotel reserves the right to refuse you.
- Room assignments are made at check-in.
- All rooms are guaranteed to accommodate two guests. Extra guests are allowed at the discretion of the hotel.
- You should be 21 or over to book. It is the hotel’s choice to honor the booking if you do not meet age requirements.
- Copy of the booking, along with matching governmental issued photo ID & credit card required at check-in.
- Frequent Travel Club points will not apply to any HotelsByDay booking.
- Some hotels reserve the right to charge a 'Resort fee’ — includes use of Wi-Fi & other amenities. Please verify upon check-in.
- A temporary hold for incidentals will be charged on your credit card upon check-in. The hold will be removed 5-7 days after you check-out from the hotel.
- Housekeeping is hard work. Be mindful, and tip when you can! :)
Pay at Hotel Bookings Policy
- Some hotel partners require credit cards at the time of booking and others do not. If a hotel requires a credit card to confirm the booking, you will be charged a temporary $1.00 hold from "PAYPAL*HBD PROCESSING" which will not appear on your monthly bank statement.
- You will see a symbol on the booking page denoting if a credit card is required or not.
- All payments are made at check-in or check-out at the hotel, depending on their policy. Some hotels accept cash payments, please inquire at check-in. Gift cards are not accepted.
- Cancellations for 'pay at hotel' bookings are free of charge up to 24 hours prior to check-in by clicking on the following link: Cancel My Reservation
- Cancellations can only be processed via the link above—not by phone or email.
- If you do not appear for your reservation, a hotel may prevent you from booking in the future. Please always cancel your reservation via the cancellation link if you foresee that you cannot make it.
Non-Refundable Bookings Policy
- Non-refundable bookings may be charged by the hotel immediately following your booking on HotelsByDay.
- Should your card decline or be invalid, the hotel maintains the right to assign the room to someone else.
- The name of the person who checks-in at the hotel must match the name of the person who made the reservation and also the name on the credit card used to book the reservation. If the names are different, the hotel will not allow the person to check-in.
- Please note that Non-refundable bookings may be charged by the hotel immediately post booking on HotelsByDay.
Should I confirm my booking with the hotel?
No - our bookings come manually and are entered into the hotel's reservation system ONLY on the day of your check-in. All you have to do is to show up with a copy of your reservation, as well as a valid ID & credit card that matches the name on your reservation.
Please note that regardless if you pre-paid for the room or not, the hotel will momentarily charge your credit card for incidentals. They will refund the hold within four business days post-stay.