Capitol Hilton is well-placed for a day visitor to Washington DC, located within walking distance of the White House and the National Mall. There are top class restaurants, and attractions from diverse museums to memorials dedicated to great Americans of yesteryear.
Global Menu – There’s nothing more convenient than the North Gate Grill, the hotel’s on-site restaurant, but if you’re out and about there are plenty of options. Surf ‘n’ turf fans can indulge themselves with upmarket American fare and cocktails at Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab. There are great European restaurants such as French brasserie Le Diplomate and Northern Italian cuisine from Tortino Restaurant. If that isn’t enough variety there’s Salvadoran, Mexican, Spanish, German, Thai and more besides.
Politics & Power – The seat of the world’s most powerful democracy, Washington DC has plenty for both the politically inclined and history buffs to enjoy. The White House is a short walk to the south of the hotel, but if you prefer a president of the past then the Lincoln Memorial is just a little to the west. In the other direction lies the Capitol Building, a vision of white in magnificent neoclassical style.
- National Mall – The National Mall is a park replete with memorials to Americans famous and respected, including veterans of the Second World War and Vietnam. There are also plenty of museums to visit, such as the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum which examines the history of rising into the sky and space, and the National Gallery of Art, where connoisseurs can peruse the American and European artwork that is housed in two buildings and a sculpture garden.
We should mention
HotelsByDay provides hourly daytime spaces with all the amenities of an elegant hotel: you can relax, recharge & be productive anywhere.
How it works
- Select location and date.
- Select your booking preference: (Dayroom, Work Pass, Pool Pass, etc).
- Receive booking confirmation with instructions.
- Bring a valid photo ID & matching credit card to the hotel for check-in at the front desk.
- Enjoy your day stay!
'Pay at hotel' bookings are charged at the hotel and can be canceled at any time prior to check-in, for any reason, at no penalty. However, service is on a first-come, first-served basis.
'Non Refundable' bookings guarantee the service and can be canceled for HotelsByDay credit if canceled 25 hours prior to check-in. Any cancelation within 25 hours prior to check-in is final and cannot be refunded.
To read our full cancellation policy, click here.