At Hospitality Innovated, we take your privacy very seriously. Hospitality Innovated, LLC, which owns and operates www.hotelsbyday.com (the “Site)”, make it our highest priority to ensure the personal information you provide on our website and the App is safe. The following policy outlines our privacy practices that apply to our platform and the information we may collect, store and share.
The HotelsByDay platform provides access to hotel information, book hotel reservations and share your travel experiences.
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Information using the following technologies:
- Heat Mapping: random video recordings to analyze consumer behavior on our website. Each video also records the IP address as well as the date and time of the interaction on our platform.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.]
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- “Newsletters” - HotelsByDay enables you to subscribe and unsubscribe to our email newsletters. If you have chosen to receive HotelsByDay newsletters or promotions, your email address will remain confidential and will never be shared with any other company. You will only receive newsletters from HotelsByDay. This service is private and complimentary, and you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in any email you receive from HotelsByDay.
- Additionally, when you make a reservation or attempt to make a reservation through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Booking Information.”
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the Booking Information that we collect generally to fulfill any reservations placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, communicating with the hotel, and providing you with booking confirmations and reminders). Additionally, we use this Booking Information to:
Communicate with you; and
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may use your email address to contact you, for things such as completing a booking transaction, reminders and alerts you have opted-in to, important notifications about the HotelsByDay website, changes to HotelsByDay policies, and other types of service and/or legal notices. We will share with the hotel your name, credit card information and phone number if you have chosen to book a Non-Refundable hotel booking on the Site. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work .
You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Booking Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18 as you will need to be an adult of legal age to book and check into a hotel.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected] or by mail using the details provided below:
64 Beaver Street, Suite 514, New York, NY 10004, United States